SLIPPING THROUGH THE CRACK: PART II

Posted: January 10, 2013 in Barns, Deserted, Details, Doors, Marjorie, Photography, Structures, Windows
Tags: , , , , , , , ,

On Christmas Day (12/25) I posted some of the pictures I took when my friend and I slipped into a deserted barn and were rewarded with visions of gold-washed wood and hay.

But wait! There’s more!

While I was still looking for one more shot, one more perfect shot, I heard Marjorie on the other side of a wall. “Go outside and come around! You need to see this!”

And, indeed I did.

20121222_0812 as Smart Object-1

That same golden light that had dazzled us in the hay barn filled most of this space as well.

20121222_0818 as Smart Object-1

20121222_0806 as Smart Object-1

20121222_0823 as Smart Object-1

Marjorie was standing in the middle of familiar ground,  having grown up on a farm that looked much like this one. And, even as we were losing all sensation in our fingers and toes in the bitter cold, our discussion turned, as it repeatedly does, to the influences we bring from our past to our art.  This line, that perspective, these colors, those images: they feel right. I don’t know why, but they’re singing to me. And, often, that song can be traced all the way back to that territory of our childhoods.

Because she frequently offers commentary on my posts and pictures and has figured in other posts I’ve done, I thought you might like to see some of Marjorie’s artwork. Her website (not a blog) is www.marjoriemau.com.

Comments
  1. .Bob Pum says:

To MMM and Pat , . . . thanks to two “Amazing and Aesthetic ” ( plus Perceptive) Photo Artists , . . . for your images and insights of your environment ! Please do publish a Photo-Art Book , . . . SOON ! Cheers , . . .

Ole-Ret-Prof Pummer

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2. Kathie says:

Don and I agree — brings back memories!! My are being in the barn helping milk with a million scarves wrapped around my hair so it wouldn’t smell!

A lot of lines in the pictures. Nostalgia. The comfort of something old, but not forgotten.

4. Leanne Cole says:

What fantastic find and the colours are just stunning.

5. Dennis Passmore says:

Interior of the barn in later photos reminded me of our old and fragile barn in the UP. What once was an indestructible playhouse, now seems to quake and rattle with the cold North winds.

Right out of my bones these images come forth…..memory plays its game with them, in and out of dream life and reality. Thank you for this pilgrimage, Patricia! and for mentioning my website. My art head is exploding with ensuing images….it is such relief it is still intact and operating in the upper chambers!