To me, the whole reason for being a photographer is to tell stories, either the ones that are in my head or the ones that spring from what I see.  In doing so, I also want to offer canvas to a viewer to tell his or her own story.

I took these pictures nearly a year ago. I like them. They’re not Art with a capital A, but they’re interesting.  If I could remember where I took these shots, I’d go back and work at achieving much better composition. What bothers me is that no matter how often I’ve tried, I am absolutely unable to weave a narrative to go with the visuals.

20120217_2891 as Smart Object-1

Is there a story here? Yes…

20120217_2872 as Smart Object-1

Do I know what it is? No…

20120217_2881 as Smart Object-1

Can I make something up?

20120217_2873 as Smart Object-1

Apparently not.

Comments

Too late to shut the barn door!

2. Some pictures slowly absorbed are worth a thousand words…anything added might be too much.

these are soooo good.
    they are really cute.

4. Amy says:

Hmmmm….I see a dystopian story here. Something bad happened and all the people mutated into horse-like creatures. They can’t fix up the barn because they no longer have opposable thumbs. Luckily they can still belly up to the bar for the latest gossip….

Your photographs are beautiful by the way! I especially love the last one.

5. David says:

No one can talk to a horse, of course…

“When are they going to take us off this set. Aren’t we past our contract?”

Just saying….

Love the colors, composition and the story that is waiting to be told! Interesting images.

8. poppytump says:

Lovely horses in these surroundings .. love seeing that one lying down on his side in the top picture 🙂

9. Leanne Cole says:

They are great, the contrast of the colour of the horses against the colour of the background is stricking. The only thing which is missing is something in the sky, don’t you hate those white skies. Think the images have a lot of possibilities. They are great. Oh I said that already.