The Calatrava is not the only fine art venue in Milwaukee.

2013Apr20_3259 as Smart Object-1

2013Apr20_3260 as Smart Object-1

2013Apr20_3254 as Smart Object-1

A couple of things: sometimes I apply a very light filter of brush strokes to pictures when I am trying for an effect that is one step removed from reality. It is virtually unnoticeable on my screen at full-throttle pixels, but powered down in order to upload to the blog, that effect becomes a little stronger than I would like.

I was in Milwaukee for Gallery Night and the opening of the 2013 CoPA Member Show.  I include the following photo to show you the two pictures I have in the show and to prove that I survived my first week back in the classroom with no head wounds. The turtleneck, vest, scarf and jacket?  I’ve come to think of this outfit as the Midwest Burqa. Yes, it was snowing and blowing Friday night.

2013Apr19_2836sized

Comments
  1. Terri Petasek says:

Congratulations on your accomplishments! I love looking at your pictures and reading your blog. 🙂

Beautiful pictures inside pictures. Lovely details shown. Thank you for all your beautiful work.

3. marty says:

Love those two selections – break a leg! The presenter looks pretty cool too.

4. Jeanne Heuer says:

Wow, where you still awake after you left to do this? You are good. And so are the pictures.

5. So many interesting stories in those photos; so much history. And how about that last one? Nicely done.

• Thanks, Warren…I’m asking myself questions nonstop as I am framing up the pictures–what in the world happened? Who was here? Where did they go? (And are they watching me?) Thank you for your kind words.

Congratulations.
    Love these shots very much.
    Gav.

7. Betsy (Thompson)Legg says:

Great shots. I too was thinking of the people perhaps lurking about. Do you ever feel you could be in danger???????

• Thank you, Betsy. Strangely enough, I don’t. And that could be because I pick and choose–I don’t see a bunch of guys with tats standing around and push them aside to get a good shot of their secret clubhouse.
      Ah! The wisdom that comes with age!