Certainly all photographers are suckers for good reflections. We are also powerless in the face of really fine shadows.

Friday afternoon’s construction site (deserted) was all blocked off with fencing, but a few steps away is a 5-story parking ramp (also deserted) which offered an excellent perch for shooting the neighboring building. ( And this is why I could do self-portraits–not another human being in sight!) As I climbed from floor to floor looking for different perspectives on the construction zone, the shadow patterns inside the ramp continued to pull me off task.

shadow4

shadow2

shadow1

shadow5

Oh, who am I kidding? I can be pulled off task by shiny objects, feathers and …oh, look! Is that a llama? she said, wandering away from the keyboard…

***   ***   ***   ***

I will be in Rhinelander at the Nicolet College Art Gallery on Tuesday evening for the opening of the Northern National Juried Art Show. I am truly excited and delighted to have a piece in this show for the second year in a row. Of the 486 pieces submitted, 83 were accepted into the show which draws artists from around the country. I’m also excited because Nicolet puts on an incredible party for the art community and I’ll be there with good friends. Last year, they posted pictures of all the artwork hung in the show on their Facebook page. Nothing there so far, but I’ll post a link when I see anything.

Comments

those llamas are back, you must stop feeding them. Congratulations on the acceptance into the Art Show. All the best.

I find your second photo the most visually pleasing. And congratulations on the art show acceptance.

As usual I remain your biggest fan. Loved the shadows. Good luck in Porkrinder.

4. Excellent images! I love the geometrics!……..

5. Graphic art couldn’t be any better than this, number three in particular…that one keeps yanking at my attention.

6. Also, congrats and best wishes.

7. Jeanne says:

I love the starkness and sheer design of these. They would make a great printed fabric. Would love to join you again in Hodag country. Keeping my fingers crossed for awards and honors.

8. Jean says:

Really love all of them but #4 with a skwintie eye is getting my #1. : )
    Keep that shutter click’n…. You go get’m in the rind show. Congrats all the way!

9. marty says:

Congratulations on bring selected again this year! From yours pics on your blog I’d say it was well deserved!

10. Gretchen Passmore says:

I’m liking #4 as well, although I like all of them. Will see you tomorrow night at the show. Looking forward to it. Not sure if Joanne will make it this time. Will know more tomorrow.