Kiri is the fog of autumn and winter.

I drove down to the Bay at noon today with the full intention of taking a hike in the Arboretum, but the bank of fog rolling in was too powerful for my photographer’s soul to resist. The fog thickened and shifted around me, luring me ever farther along the water’s edge and I was happy to follow.

When the visibility was finally too poor for any more shots and I was as far from my car as I could get, then the downpour started.

20131117_4371

20131117_4374

20131117_4383

This last shot is calligraphy writ with careful strokes on the water’s surface.

20131117_4405

If you can, click on the individual pictures to see them in a larger format.

Comments
  1. Jeanne says:

Making them large was well worth it. Otherwise I never would have noticed the gull. Love pic one as well.

• I’m glad you did…there’s a size constraint and so a more panoramic cut can lose something when viewed small.
      I wish I could have stood at the top of Algoma Road and shot down to the Bay–the Pulliam Plant appeared to be floating in the clouds.

Stunning! I was hoping you’d be out there….but with your rain antennae. These are worth being drenched….from my warm, dry and toasty perspective that is.

3. richardhaas8 says:

I love fog shots~! These are very fine. Thanks for sharing.

4. John says:

Really, really nice shots!

Very lovely shots. Dare I say, worth the downpour of rain to get the shots?

6. I really like the 3rd image………*sigh*

7. wisreader says:

Yes, beautiful fog shots. It’s fun to see the familiar through your eyes. And I learned something new, too – Kiri.

• Thank you, wisreader. I checked out your blog, which is quite interesting and I liked it, but couldn’t find where you are based. Door County?

• wisreader says:

Thank you for looking! I’m in Green Bay; you too, I’m guessing? (but I spend time in Door County whenever possible – I was looking at the fog in Egg Harbor Sunday, and thinking about the drive back, while you were out getting those pictures. So when I saw them here, it was nice to see the fog from a new perspective – for its beauty, and not as an obstacle.)
        Glad you liked the blog – more to come soon.