IN THE WINTER VINEYARD I

Posted: December 29, 2013 in Canon 7D, Deserted, Details, Door County, Fields, Photography, Shadows, Snow, Wabi Sabi, White, Winter, Wisconsin
Tags:

vineyard2

vineyard3

vineyard1

Saturday topped out at 37 degrees with no wind and I was all about climbing over snow banks and trudging across fields in knee-high snow looking for just the right lighting and angles. Today begins the slide into frigid temps and strong winds with wind chills predicted to be in the -20 to -30 degree range for the next few days.

I believe I am about to turn my attention to the simmering of hearty soups and the baking of fine breads.

Comments
  1. Beautiful symmetry… stay warm!

Nice angles.

Looks cold, but beautiful.

Magical! Our vines are green and bearing fruit as WE head for +38 (that’s 100.4 F according to Mr Google). BTW I have to backtrack your posts as I haven’t looked for over a week. Enjoy the warmth of the kitchen.

5. Hey, Andy–I just checked the weather. Speaking in Centigrade, we are currently at -26, with a wind chill of -34.
    I think I prefer the conditions in your part of the world. 🙂

6. There’s something captivating that you’ve captured here about the dance between mind and nature.

Hey Ms Wabi Sabi, having been born and bred on a vineyard, and knowing the vagaries of nature, I’d like to know if these vines survived the cold and snow. I had to track back a long way to find this post and realized I have missed a few. Always good. I’ll get back to thesis work “in a minute”

• And hello to you, Andy Kidd. When I said you wanted to be an artist and have a vineyard–I had no idea. I did drive by there last week (it’s 40-50 miles from my house) but the Ag Station wasn’t open at that time. I still plan to return and now I can tell them I am on a mission from an Australian friend.
      Soooo…are you really working on that thesis? Give me a few topic sentences or buzzwords and I’d be happy to crank out a little prose for you. 🙂

• andykidd says:

Fortunately, no one wanted to stay on the “block” as we called it and we sold up. It is hard work and nature conspires against you quite often. It’s a nice dream though so hang onto it. More to come …

… back, just had a visit from a colleague handing over work work as he is taking a “package” I will do a word cloud of some interviews I have done for the thesis and let you know other’s buzzwords. Hopefully Genelg and Evil Olive will appear.