With Tuesday’s spring “melt”–which lasted an entire day and now we are back to freezing–I wanted to find giant puddles and shoot reflections. I ended up in the Yacht Club/Coast Guard area, across the river from the Pulliam Plant. It’s relatively deserted there with some nice paved surfaces and I didn’t have to sidestep any vehicles, parked or otherwise. (Okay…I outwaited the fool in the green van who was parked DIRECTLY where I wanted to shoot, but that was it.)

20140311_8149

I had a good time, moving my car around the lots with both the heater and the audio system cranked up, soundtracking my work.

20140311_8138

The snowbank-puddle combos provided some very interesting effects.

20140311_8131

And, now that you know what you are looking at, let’s flip an image for a whole different perspective:

20140311_8134

The entire expedition wasn’t monochromatic:

Ta-DA! The Pulliam Plant.

20140311_7989

(I am particularly pleased with that one.)

Finally, capturing this last sign* in a watery typeface seemed quite appropriate:

20140311_8109

And now I will return to the tugboats…which are pretty awesome.

* “Overflow Parking on Grass”

Comments

Love the snowbank reflection the most….you knew I would. All are brilliant!

2. Jean says:

These are really nice. You sure do good work.

Very creative work.
    So how did you make the fool in the green van move? Did you run around shouting “bring out your dead!”. I pity the fool!

4. Pépé le Moko says:

do like the blacktop intrusion….but my favorites are from here where you cannot tell if you have uncovered the secret passage to the underworld or the land of the fairies…now you might be looking for those leprechauns soon

5. That’s what always hooks me–the feeling that this is almost-but-not-quite my world and I could tumble in.
    My parents named their daughters Patricia and Michele–Pat and Mike. No Irish there, right?

stunning. I love reflections.

The Pulliam Plant always works for me, patiently waiting for the tugboats. I shooed the squirrels away.

8. The snowbank puddle and the plant enlarged to max.