PERE LACHAISE: STATUES

Posted: July 9, 2014 in 17-85mm lens, 50mm lens, Canon 60D, Cemeteries, Details, Paris, Photography, Statues, Wabi Sabi
Tags:

A collection of statuary from the Pere Lachaise cemetery in Paris. (Nine images)

20140512_0343

20140512_0472

I generally try to limit my posts to 4 or 5 images, but there is so much astonishing art in this setting that I am finding it nearly impossible to winnow down to just a handful. So, to balance off all those images, I will remain quiet for a bit.

20140512_0412

20140512_0409

20140512_0482

20140512_0484

20140512_0404

20140512_0405

20140512_0346

Comments

The natural patina on the statues is lovely. They are time travelers.

Wow. These are amazing.

3. Jeanne says:

Okay, holding the head tops it. It’s what I am doing now whilst men with hammers pound on window frames.

4. all I can “say” is… wow. And tremendous!

• “Wow” is good. I’ll gladly take that. (Thanks, Bob!)
      I see that a major political convention is coming to your city…thinking of switching to some street photography?

• Cleveland has had quite a few great things happen to it, recently… I think it’s great about the convention, and we now have Superman back, playing on our basketball team! And i will probably sneak in a few shots of “street life” during the convention–but I have found that people in general… particularly, strangers, don’t like cameras pointed at them… they think you’re up to no good!

Fine fingers, I particularly like no. 6. Waiting a long time for these 🙂

• Thank you, Andy. It is full-on summer here now and it has also been full-on friends and family time lately. I am taking advantage of a lull in the action.
      And, so…while you were waiting…how’s that dissertation going? (Are you the only candidate who has a global network of women crabbing at him?) 🙂

• andykidd says:

I am happy it is full on friends and family time. It’s cold Winter here, and unlike you who took steam and snow shots, I stay inside and sometimes add a little to the topic. Taking a break from work for a week so I hope to add a photo or two with luck. Crabbing as in being “crabby”, I can manage 🙂

• I should have said “encouraging” rather than “crabbing.” 🙂

6. Mary says:

What dramatic pictures? Where is this place?

#4 is more than a little weird. Great shots though.