SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION

Posted: July 22, 2014 in Photography
Tags: ,

20140319_8331

Dear Patricia,

Congratulations! Your artwork “Fall from Grace” has been selected for inclusion in the 27th annual Northern National Art Competition. This year our judge, Linda Benedict-Jones, chose 87 images from the 512 images that were submitted by 266 artists. It looks like it is going to be another wonderful exhibit.

I am, to say the least, thrilled. This is the third year in a row that I have had a piece in the Northern National which draws submissions from across the country. This year, it means even more since the juror, Linda Benedict-Jones, has worked in the field of photography for her whole career.  The following is from the local Rhinelander paper:

“…Benedict-Jones is an adjunct professor of art at Carnegie-Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Penn. She is also Curator of Photography for the Carnegie Art Museum. “

“It was an honor to be invited as the Juror for the Northern National Art Competition,” Benedict-Jones said. “I try to keep a very open mind when I begin the process, and typically I’m much more stringent with photographic images since I have worked in the field for decades.”

The opening reception is Tuesday night at the Nicolet College art gallery, an event that is so cool it borders on the swanky.

Comments

Congratulations. Have a glass of champagne for me. Cheers!

2. .Bob Pum says:

” Congratulations” and Excellence to you Pat , . . . you are most deserving of such an Award and being selected for such ! Good Job and good news ! Ole Ret-Art Professor ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

• Thank you very much, Bob. This is a wonderful show.
      (So…do you have personalized plates on your car? I like to park at Lambeau Cottage and walk in the Arboretum–I think we passed at the entrance a week or so ago.)

3. gretpass says:

Wonderful show and seeing the other submissions, you very much deserve to have your piece in the show. Congratulations!

So GOOD Wabi Sabi, wish I was there!

5. John says:

Wonderful! That’s so exciting … and very well deserved!

congratulations.