Your friend, Wabi Sabi, is gifted and talented in many ways but one area where she particularly excels is in the Art of Whining.

Why can’t I have an apartment in Paris?

Who is this old woman who keeps showing up in my selfies?

Why are there so many cat posts on Facebook?

I’ve been whining lately because even though my prodigal lens has returned to the fold, my chances for magnificent architectural shots anywhere nearby are severely limited.

Why can’t I live someplace cool?

And then I woke to patchy fog on Friday, grabbed my coffee, my camera and car keys and went to explore the neighborhood.

All of these shots were taken within 3 miles of my house in the space of just one hour.

Church Road, east of the highway

Ullmer's Farm on Bay Settlement Road. The Bay is below but shrouded in fog.

A little farther down Bay Settlement on the east side of the road

20140822_3061

Two shorebirds and a tire:  Communiversity Park on the Bay

20140822_3135

A pretty productive hour, starting with two shots of espresso and ending with a Zen moment near the water. Yes, I’m still annoyed that I can’t live in Paris fulltime, but can admit my real-world neighborhood is nothing to whine about.

Comments

It conveys serenity except for the sobbing in the narrative. Good work!

2. Jeanne says:

I was thinking the same thoughts during the fog experience we just had. I went out and shot barn pics for my journals. Love your egret and blue heron.

3. I am down with the black and whites, as you might guess from my blog… I love that first one in your series here. Love how the country road just disappears into the misty horizon, with the lone on-coming vehicle lights way off in the distance. Great shot! And by the way, everyone is allowed to whine, it’s cathartic!

• Thank you. I appreciate that. I’m not particularly confident with my b&w skills, but the foggy road shots generally cry out for that treatment. I always want to stand smack in the middle of the road but balance that with the fear that a silent-running gray Prius with no lights is going to wipe me out while I am framing up my shot.
      Wait…was that another whine? 🙂

Who is this old woman who keeps showing up in my selfies?

i know this so well.

Why are there so many cat posts on Facebook?

this is a very important question. i have often wondered the same.

Why do I have to write my thesis? Fog here on Sunday morning,closed the airport Why can’t I get up earlier? Loved the first and last muchly.

Wonderful atmospheric photos, so stop your whining and start some wining (white or red?). A little fog helps to clear the head.

7. Pépé le Moko says:

Two things:
    -could that be where the Paulding light hangs out in the morning?
    -you captured the corn salute just before it tassels
    can’t wait ’til you see the hill. hope you like moss
    I guess that’s 3 things

• Ha! Let’s title that pic “Paulding Light on His Way to Work.”
      I am anxiously waiting to see your hill. Love moss.
      (I am already planning what to bring and I (seriously) keep flashing on snowshoes. That is just wrong, wrong, wrong.)

Now you’ve made my afternoon– big smiles especially about selfies and cats…fantastic, atmospheric shots of your incredible neighborhood. Simply gorgeous. Thanks.