I’ve been dragging my feet a little on processing pictures from the Old Barn. I don’t want to be too hasty with the shots I have because I won’t get the opportunity to go back for more. With pieces of the roof now flying off in heavy winds,  the owners have nixed an homage to The Wizard of Oz with Wabi Sabi appearing in the role of “Body under the House.”

I am totally on board with their thinking.

In considering how to logically group the pictures, I’ve decided on:

Texture. Windows and sills. Then metal findings, like hinges, nails, random chunks of metal. Doors.

20141029_5578

This first group is all about the wood.

20141029_5685

Because the wood is so old, the surface is often very soft, like fabric, and I find it easy to see these pieces as hangings or fiber art pieces.

20141029_5686

20141029_5550

20141028_5411

20141104_5775

Comments

Terrific set, Patricia! The details and textures are wonderful and what really struck me are your artful compositions. Beautifully shot.

2. .Bob Pum says:

Awesome and Aesthetic ” Surface Qualities ” , . . . I adore them with emotional Praise ! Indeed ! Ole Art-Prof +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Puzzle pieces left out in the elements. Pieces like these would look beautiful hanging on the wall. Lovely.

As barns take on their decay with heavy hearts and history, I fully expect to see these in a book authored by you on this poignant subject. Really.

love that timber texture, just hanging.

Lovely shots, and great details. You must have been singing “somewhere over the rainbow” whilst photographing here.

7. gretpass says:

Beautiful! I especially like the one with the bit of green. You are so lucky you got to the barn before the roof started flying away. I also love the book idea and I have a machine shed to sell you on if you need more buildings to fill the book.

8. marty gallagher says:

By blowing up each segment – the textures are quite amazing!

9. There’s nothing harsh any longer–just interesting fibers and feathering. I’m just amazed myself.

10. All of these images are amazing….color….composition….and the “light”……great work….