I have many many things to do this week, things that are written in thick black magic marker in the “non-negotiable” column of my Gotta-Do list,  so this afternoon it was of paramount importance that I grab a camera, a spaghetti squash, a polished black surface and two dish towels, elbow a stack of newspapers off the dining room table and sit down to do some portrait work.

I am assuming this is the way you, too, deal with pressure, mais oui?

20141209_6232

20141209_6235

20141209_6240

20141209_6251

20141209_6241

Comments

Yes, except I spend the time researching new cameras i will never buy. YOU actually take photos – nice one!

• Pretty funny, Andy, because I have been researching cameras for the past three days and I thought about you, since you have a Fuji. Not looking at the BIG ones, but I need a solid point and shoot to haul around with me and Fuji has one that I like. Now I have to figure out how to justify said purchase.

i feel small when i look at these.
    superb.

3. gretpass says:

I really have been enjoying the fruits and vegetables of your labors. Very nice!

4. marty gallagher says:

Who could imagine – an elegant sphaghetti squash!

I will never look at spaghetti squash in the same way again.

6. I think it’s OK to let things be non-negotiable on paper, as long as they are not so in real life. The paper is just a draft, your gut (and I think that’s where photography is located, plus the issue of light) is the real thing. And yes, I know this phenomenon too, so I’m here to defend it, totally! 😉 Gorgeous images, non-negotiable!

7. John says:

Lovely close-ups!

As for stress, I don’t find myself with the urge to photograph spaghetti squash (I do love eating them though!). I’m more of a “bury my nose in a book”, or “shop for books” kind of stress-avoidance kind of guy.

I have learned that not having a To Do list is much less stressful. 🙂