COLOR! I MUST HAVE COLOR NOW!

Posted: March 3, 2015 in 17-85mm lens, Architecture, Blue, Canon 60D, Details, Museums, Paris, Photography
Tags:

Six images

I offer you an antidote for yet another gloomy Midwestern winter day:

20140513_0257

The Centre Pompidou in Paris, housing the Bibliothèque Publique d’Information (Public Information Library),  the Musée National d’Art Moderne (which is the largest museum for modern art in Europe,) and IRCAM, a centre for music and acoustic research.

20140513_0263

The brightly colored exoskeleton of the Pompidou is actually a color-coded display of  its mechanical systems: blue pipes are for climate control, green for the plumbing, yellow pipes carry the electrical wires, and safety features, such as fire extinguishers, are in red.

20140513_0268

20140513_0269

20140513_0259

20140513_0260

Comments

these pipes are very cool.
    i imagine that they have funky music coming out of them.

toot toot !!!

Ooh la la! And if I were from Paris I would say Ooh la la la la la la! Beautiful colors! Great lines! These lovely photos lift my mood!

Imagine the kaleidoscope when these start to rust.

Better than being there…..seeing these through your color seized lens

• Initially, I was most interested in seeing the outside of this building, but once inside…many of my rooftop shots come from the top of the Pompidou and one of the featured shows was the life and works of photographer Henri Cartier-Bresson.

5. fxquotidien01 says:

Your pictures are really beautiful but people have to know that in real this building is horrible haha.

6. Barbara says:

Makes me think of a glorious box of new crayons! Energizing!

7. jlheuer says: