I am always and ever more an Edward Hopper fan. I don’t know if he visited Milwaukee when he was alive, but his spirit was surely wandering around with me when I was there a few nights ago.

my milwaukee hopper

It would have been nice to see a lone office worker in one of those windows to complete the illusion, but I’m happy with what I got.

Comments

loving all the lines here. very well composed.
    Edward would be proud.

2. marty gallagher says:

Smooth!

3. Pépé le Moko says:

Next time dress up your friends and stick us in there…..love Hopper and can’t think of a better place to have my picture taken…How can you continue to live your life without me – she said shamelessly selfish girl that she is ??????

• Hello? I am filling my time with photography and aimless wanderings until you are once again available, post New Zealand and the Pascal season. Soon?
      I absolutely NEEDED to go find lights and tall buildings or I was going to perish on the spot from “Maybe I should give up photography and take up napping” syndrome.
      It’s still touch and go.

4. Barbara says:

Your sojourn in Milwaukee was well spent– don’t stop capturing these moments.

• Thank you, Barbara. I came home and begin mining my shots for nuggets of gold–I think night shots along the river provided the most treasures. (And, I was fueled by an INCREDIBLE grilled cheese sandwich–and two Old-Fashioneds!–from the Rumpus Room. Thanks for the tip!)

5. Schwister says:

Beautiful photo! I love the lighting and different layers and spaces.

Big Hopper fan and this is a fitting homage, Patricia. If only someone was looking longingly out the window… great shot.

These night environments are just beckoning you and your camera’s eye. Yes, you MUST indulge your muses!

• Thank you, Marjorie…I want to turn around and go back for more…though Chicago at night might work, too. 🙂
      My muse has been lolling about in her pajamas and eating…I am gradually getting her attention.