CHERRY ORCHARD

Posted: July 15, 2015 in Abstracts, Details, Door County, Fruit, Photography, Red, Wabi Sabi, Wisconsin
Tags:

Door County, Wisconsin.

20150715_3669

20150715_3666

20150715_3661

Motion blur, light manipulation (and, really–isn’t that what photography is all about?) or, as I think of it: light scraping. Pulling out the details and leaving an impression of light and color. Whatever it is, I can’t shake my fascination with trees and reeds and other lovely upright botanical marvels shot in this impressionistic style.

You do not want to be driving in the woods with me. Trust me.

Comments

Beautiful interpretation, Patricia. Vibrant work.

2. David says:

Lovely light πŸ™‚

3. .Bob Pum says:

Wonderful and ” Aesthetic” and original imags ! I adore them ! ( RJP)

4. Martygalllagher says:

GREAT IMAGES – while I was recovering I lost my e-mail access but my daughter Roban rescued it for me – see you at RED!

5. jlheuer says:

So that’s what you saw when you ran into the field.

• Yes! In my mind’s eye, I could see all of those vibrant cherries “smeared” in with the foliage. I’m glad that I could catch that.

I didn’t tell you at lunch, but as I pulled the door open to get back in the car, there was a gunshot back in the orchard. Too far away to be directed to me, but still…a little disconcerting.

6. Barbara says:

shimmering and wonderful

Lovely vibrant shots. The new wabi sabi takes a bit of getting used to, though.

• Thank you. And I most appreciate your giving the abstracts a fair shake. I’ve been working on some flower shots the past few days…and they look just like flowers! One of my friends says its a matter of which side of my brain I’m using.

8. John says:

Very beautifully done …

(My sarcastic voice says “Oh! It’s like looking at Monet while being on acid). πŸ™‚