Early morning light, shadows and a variety of textures combine to provide a contemplative moment or two.

20150411_9341

20150411_9339

20150411_9343

20150411_9344crop2

Draperies, hotel room.

Comments

so lovely and beautiful and sheer.

2. jean says:

Ooooooo (as in uew). Really like these.

• Thanks Jean–I do, too.
      I was thinking about when you and Anne shared a room on Orkney and she woke to you felting wool in the sink. If we ever shared a room, you would wake to find me shooting the drapery at dawn. 🙂

3. Like a beautiful early morning .

“In the beginning there was light, simply light”. You’ve made it sublime…..

5. I love these images……

nice shades 🙂

• Cuz my future’s so bright, I gotta wear…

I somehow missed your very last post when it was originally published–it was wonderfully abstract (and colorful.) However, your “comments” section is closed and though I stood around and politely rapped on the screen, I was unable to slip in any pithy words of artistic commentary.

Is all going well in your world?

• andykidd says:

Hi WS yes all is well thank you. Great to catch up with little Jemima in Canberra a few weeks ago. Nice shots I would like to put up but … Hmmm I wonder why the comments are closed? I thought I heard the knocking but thought it was a madwomen just out of the woods. Good to hear from you anytime 🙂

• A week with twin 11-year-olds was incredible, great fun…and exhausting. (These are my “bonus” granddaughters–their fabulous mother brought them to our family.) October will bring another round of family visits.
      How are you faring with your “grown-up work?”

Lucky the maid didn’t walk in whilst you were taking these. But I suppose she would have seen stranger things before. 🙂

Nice series.

What wonderful creative use of light, Patricia. Very well done. I am also enjoying the commentary. 😉