FRAME OF REFERENCE

Posted: December 3, 2015 in Automobiles, Details, Glass, Old cars, Photography, Rust, Wabi Sabi, Windows
Tags: ,

Windows and windshields in context. Best viewing: click on any image for a slide show.

I think next time it would be fun for you to see the junkyard as it: rows and rows of cars, sometimes individual cars, other times several vehicles piled up on each other.  Fully half of my shots that day were taken using a 60mm lens so few of my images are of entire cars (or piles of them) but I do have enough to give you some sense of the place.

From the Department of Shameless Self-Promotion comes this quick blurb: Your friend, Wabi Sabi, has a piece in this juried show (The 9th Annual CoPA Juried Photography Exhibition) opening Friday night in Milwaukee.

Copa2015_web

Comments
  1. i love these spaces…the lingering stories within the frames…beautiful post.

2. Betsy Legg says:

Congrats Pat. Gosh I wish we lived closer so I could run on over.
    Enjoy and there is a vote I would vote for you.

pure joy…all of them 🙂

Nice shots. Have you tried photo stitching for a panoramic view?

Congratulations and good luck with the show.

Hi Ms Wabi Sabi, all the best if I am not too late for the judging. Just between you and me and the junkyard dog, I don’t think this form of slide show worked. At least for my set up as I could not get full screen size images. I preferred the gallery style of the previous post. But that’s just me, keep experimenting. I liked _8564 in particular.

• Hmmmm…I am viewing on both a large monitor (PC) and my iPad mini. Those work well. What do you have? I am not nearly as well-schooled on the technical details of blogging as I should be: I think there is a way for me to deliver my posts optimized for other formats…but I don’t know what/why/how. Any insight is most appreciated.

It’s working on the laptop too! Enjoy dinner and I’ll get back to work 😦

• Do you need me to write an excuse for you? When my kids were in high school and needed a day off or just to sleep in, I would write them an excuse–they had an ortho appointment. Say the word, Andy.

• andykidd says:

Not today – I worked on a photo portrait but don’t like it so I am no longer procrastinating. It’s going to be 105 in the shade today – unusually hot for this time of year – so I am back to it. But I’ll let you know ‘cos I know I’ll need that letter soon 🙂