THE SONG OF SOLOMON

Posted: May 14, 2016 in 60mm lens, Details, Flowers, Gardens, Photography

“For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;

The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;

The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.”

From The Song of Solomon, Book Two, Lines 11-13

Solomon’s Seal is up and readyΒ to flower. Portraits taken Thursday morning. The blue flowers are borage.

20160512_0208

Comments
  1. Kathie says:

Flat shoes or Tennis Shoes ((((((()))))))) never did like the look of either!!! How about wedges????

2. Peter Bordini says:

Thanks again for your beautiful art. You have a way of capturing the beauty hidden in the nooks and crannies that many miss. You gently nudge us in the right direction.

• Oh, thank you, Pete. That means a lot to me. If early some morning, you stretch out full length in the grass and just…hmmm…absorb your flowerbeds, you’ll be amazed.

I saw Missy this week and we had a meeting of the PB fan club complete with a report on your curly new ‘do. πŸ™‚

Glorious, Patricia. The colors, the dew drops…you captured an intimate world of beauty.

4. Jeanne says:

It’s a good thing you didn’t shoot these this morning unless it is warm with a calm wind on the other side of the highway.

5. David says:

Im still mystified by the “voice of the turtle”, not listening I guess πŸ™‚

• I believe they were referring to Mitch McConnell. πŸ™‚

Okay–one of my favorite scenes EVER…Life of Brian…Sermon on the Mount, condensed for this post: “Blessed are the Cheesemakers” “What?” “It’s a metaphor. He means anyone in the dairy industry.”
      So maybe it wasn’t just turtles, but a metaphor for people who carried their houses with them, like campers, so the voice of campers singing “Kumbaya” rings out across the land…

Work with me here.

• Lignum Draco says:

Thank you for your Monty Python-esque interpretation. πŸ™‚

• David says:

“If I should call you up, invest a dime
        And you say you belong to me
        And ease my mind
        Imagine how the world could be
        So very fine
        So happy together”

• @ David: Oh my gosh. I read your post. Thought “Huh. Random lyrics? Okay.” It was an honest to gosh full minute before I let out a howl. Oh my gosh. Beyond brilliant.

I am not worthy. I am not worthy. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• @The Dragon: I’ve always loved this scene since Wisconsin is “America’s Dairyland.”
      Trivia: When this movie was released, the Bishop of Green Bay declared that no Catholics should attend the movie under threat of some sort of sin–curse–ban–decapitation–something.

The vine is coloring a rusty red but we are still getting balmy hottish days. The camellias are flowering and not so much the turtle but blowers disturbing the peace of the sidewalks.

Lovely shots. Is this your own garden?

• Yes, thank you. The muffled lines are the siding on my garage. I’d been crawling around in wet grass and knew that a trip into the house to grab a screen for a backdrop would entail waaaay too much work.

8. marty gallagher says:

Superb harbinger of spring! Finally!