GENTLE RAIN

Posted: July 7, 2016 in 60mm lens, My Backyard, Photography, Rain

It rained this afternoon, insistently for a while, but then it settled in to a soft and gentle sprinkle.

Gentle enough, as a matter of fact, that I went out and shot some lovely hostas in the rain.

And one Solomon’s Seal.

20160707_1471

Comments

Love those raindrops. Rain forecast for tomorrow means I have to get up on the roof and clean the gutters. Cold this morning – we would call it freezing but it’s about three degrees. Celsius 🙂

• I thought of you and your upside-down seasons as I was taking these shots. This is the most absolutely glorious time of the year here–the flower gardens will peak soon. I’m not a big fan of the autumn put-the-yard-to-bed chores…but soup and a fire are splendid rewards for your efforts. 🙂

• andykidd says:

Yes, it’s fascinating to see the images on WP that are so out of kilter with us. I seem to be taking photos of flowers inside which seems to be cheating 🙂 Soup and fire I like!

2. absolutely beautiful and peaceful 🙂

3. Schwister says:

Something about the soft lines and the variations on the shades of green that is very soothing. And I love the contrast of clarity and… the Japanese word for out of focus that every photographer knows and which is now escaping me. Beautiful!

• Bokeh?
      Thank you…the surface of a hosta is extraordinary with lines and puckers that can hold big drops of water. I planted two new varieties this year, but they are far too small to carry off any drama yet.

so lush.
    so artful.

You’re putting those new eyes to good use. Beautiful shots and ambience. The last one particularly would make great wall art.

6. Theses are lovely…(Suzanne)

You’ve captured these Hostas beautifully, Patricia. They hold the droplets so well. Glad you are back in the game!